Review Procedure of scientific articles submitted to the editorial office of the journal “News of the Kabardino-Balkarian Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences” for publication
This “Review procedure for scientific articles submitted to the editorial office of the journal “News of the Kabardino-Balkarian Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences” for publication” (hereinafter referred to as the Procedure) establishes the procedure for documentary processing of applicants for publication of scientific papers and their further support in the process of reviewing for the possibility of publication.
1. Scientific articles received by the editors of the journal for publication that fully satisfy the “Rules for the authors of the journal “News of the Kabardino-Balkarian Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences”, set by the editorial board, are subject to review in accordance with this Procedure.
Received articles are registered in the prescribed manner and receive the corresponding queue number for publication.
2. If the article does not comply with the specified “Rules”, then it is not considered and a written notice is sent to the author.
3. Scientific review can be carried out by any qualified specialists in the field of peer-reviewed materials, including members of the editorial board of the journal, provided there is no conflict of interest (official subordination of the author and reviewer, scientific management or co-authorship, etc.). The reviewer is obliged to notify the editorial board of the existence of a conflict of interest by refusing to review, and the author of the material submitted may indicate undesirable reviewers.
4. Peer review is bilaterally anonymous (“blind”) – the name of the author is unknown to the reviewer, the name of the reviewer is unknown to the author.
5. The review reflects the correspondence of the content of the manuscript to its title, the relevance of the work, scientific novelty and practical significance, the validity of conclusions and proposals, positive aspects and specific shortcomings, a review of literary and other sources, as well as the design quality of the work.
6. The review should end with clear conclusions:
– recommend for publication;
– revise the work;
– consider the publication inappropriate.
The signature of the reviewer is certified by the seal of the institution where he works and the date is set.
7. The editors inform the author about the result of the review, providing him with a copy of the review or a reasoned refusal.
8. In the case of a positive opinion, the editor-in-chief of the journal determines the order of publication depending on the subject matter of the journal issues.
9. If the article requires revision, the editorial board sends the author of the article a copy of the review with a proposal to modify it in accordance with the comments of the reviewer. The revised version of the article should be returned by the author to the editorial office within two weeks. In the event of a delay in the return of the manuscript by the author to the editorial office, the original date of its registration is canceled and the article is re-registered.
Modified articles are sent by the editorial staff for re-review to the same reviewer. If the reviewer gives a negative opinion on the corrected work, the article is not accepted for publication.
10. The final decision on the publication of the article is made by the editor-in-chief of the journal.
11. The editors do not enter into a discussion with the authors of the rejected materials.
12. The editorial staff of the journal without fail provides reviews at the request of expert councils of the Department of certification of scientific and scientific-pedagogical employees of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
13. Information contained in manuscripts is confidential until its publication. Reviewers, as well as editorial staff do not have the right to use information about the content of the work in their own interests, or in the interests of third parties prior to its publication.
14. All manuscripts in the editorial office are kept (together with reviews) for five years. Manuscripts are not returned to the authors.